Elizabeth was born in Merced, to a cattle rancher father and school teacher/principal mother, with many brothers and no sisters. A swimmer, springboard diver, water polo player, and gymnast, she kept busy with physical activities including helping out on the ranch, riding horseback to gather cattle or working in the corral. She now lives near her maternal roots in Santa Barbara.
Dr. Robinson, a fourth generation Californian, has been a nurse since 1986. Good at science, yet searching for the feminine, she found her sisters in nursing school, fast became enamored with the nurse, and has been dedicated to her ever since. She has a Master’s Degree in Nursing and a PhD in Mythological Studies with Emphasis in Depth Psychology. Her work draws from her personal experience as a nurse and patient in traditional healthcare as well as her keen ability to see what's under the surface.
- Baccalaureate in Nursing: Samuel Merritt and St. Mary’s College (Oakland and Moraga)
- Master of Science: University of California, San Francisco - Department of Physiological Nursing
- Master of Arts: Pacifica Graduate Institute - Mythological Studies with Emphasis in Depth Psychology
- Doctor of Philosophy: Pacifica Graduate Institute - Mythological Studies with Emphasis in Depth Psychology
Selected Licensure and Certifications
- RN, California Board of Registered Nursing
- CNS, Clinical Nurse Specialist, California Board of Registered Nursing
- Integral Yoga Institute Basic Hatha Yoga Teacher, San Francisco
- Therapeutic Yoga Teacher, Santa Barbara
- Amherst Writers & Artists Certified Writing Instructor
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
Staff Nurse IV: Stanford University Medical Center, in the Oncology, Cardiac Surveillance, and Coronary Care Units and served as Interim Clinical Nurse Educator CCU/CSU
Administrator: Duke University Medical Center, Heart Center Patient Support Program; Speaker at two of Duke’s Integrating Mind, Body, and Spirit in Medical Practice Conferences; Chair, Duke Heart Center Annual Multidisciplinary Conference and Board Member. Led retreats for patients and staff.
Clinical Nurse Specialist, Cardiology and Critical Care:
Sequoia Hospital, Redwood City - interventional cardiology and electrophysiology, wrote all cardiology patient education materials and educated patients, staff, and the community
Sutter Medical Center, Santa Rosa - laid groundwork for interventional and cardiovascular surgery programs
Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento - implemented new CV Interventional Unit, smoking cessation program, served on city wide stroke team, established the Healing Garden and the large-sold-out annual Nursing Symposium. Led multidisciplinary rounds in cardiac/medical ICU daily
Quality Improvement Concurrent Care RN; Clinical Policy Writer, Nursing: Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital